Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Windows Tips and Tricks: Master the Taskbar and Start menu

You Windows 7 users, this is great stuff you can use, ( that I'll bet you were not aware, and so wasn't I !!), but as always, our friends at PCWorld come to our rescue with new stuff that most of the time is there but hard to find out.

Today I got an email from PCWorld, ( I get stuff from them almost on a daily basis), that I just must pass on to all of you:

"The taskbar and Start menu are so much more than simple program launchers. Help them help you work more efficiently in Windows 7.
By Loyd Case, PCWorld Aug 16, 2011 9:13 pm

In Windows 7, the Start menu and the taskbar have become both easier to use and more sophisticated. However, they also offer a slew of additional capabilities and customization options that are not obvious when you first look at them. I’ll first walk through the plethora of options for each, and then dive into how to use them more effectively."


I spent some time reading what Mr. Loyd Case had to say, I used some of the suggestions and I am definitely a happier user of windows 7.

All I have to say is: read the stuff and dive into it. All you have to do is click on the following link and you'll see what I mean:
 
http://www.pcworld.com/article/238184/windows_tips_and_tricks_master_the_taskbar_and_start_menu.html#tk.nl_wvx_h_cbintro


Enjoy,

George Freire

No comments: