Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

GMail Quick Searches with a Keyboard Shortcut

For those of you who use GMail, this might be interesting and of good use. PC World published  a "snip"  by Todd Jackson who is a GMail Product Manager:

" The GMail feature I can't live without is search operators. I'm a huge fan of keyboard shortcuts, so when I need to find some quickly, I hit '/' to get to the search box and type "from:keith" plus a keyword in the mail from Keith that I'm looking for. Make sure you have keyboard shortcuts turned on for the '/' shrtcut to work. There is a list of other tips and tricks for becoming a GMail ninja here: www.gmail.com/tips."

If you don't know how to activate keyboard shortcuts in GMail, go to your GMail page, click "settings" on the right side of the page, a screen opens, on "general" tab go down to "keyboard shortcuts" and activate "keyboard shortcuts "on".

George Freire

No comments: