Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pendulums: A joyful experiment

For you guys who enjoy scientific experiments, this is absolutely mind boggling.

A good friend sent me this and after I watched it, I said to myself, "I have to post it on my blog".

I hope you all will enjoy it as much as I did.

Harvard students built a device with a series of 15 pendulums in a row, each one slightly longer than its neighbor, then set them in motion and filmed the result.

Just click on the link below and be entertained for a couple of minutes:

http://sciencedemonstrations.fas.harvard.edu/icb/icb.do?keyword=k16940&pageid=icb.page80863&pageContentId=icb.pagecontent341734&state=maximize&view=view.do&viewParam_name=indepth.html


The result in this short video is quite fascinating. I want one!

George Freire

No comments: