Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

GREAT SECURITY SOFTWARE FOR FREE!

Good security/anti-virus software is in most cases expensive and requires annual fees for renewals.

Well my friends, there is an anti virus free software which stands out and works as well as the "big boys". This anti-virus program includes many varieties of shields, safe-surfing tools, real time virus protection which is automatically updated on a daily basis.

The name of this beauty is AVAST and can be downloaded for free at http://www.avast.com/ .

When you log to the above website, do not select any of the professional editions of the software. Instead go to the last tab on thr right, "Free Software" click and download the Home Edition, which as I said above is totally free for your use.

This is not a time trial type software, it is free for as long as you keep it and works with Windows XP and Vista.

I have it installed in my computers and frankly, when the time comes for renewal of my other security software, whose name I am not going to mention, but that costs $69.00/year to renew, I'm going to pass...

Have fun,

George

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to check this out.

Anonymous said...

Hi George! My dad, Jerry Powell, told me to check out your blog and the free security software. I currently have a program on my computer that I paid for and I'm not quite sure when it runs out. Can I go ahead an download AVAST, even if I have that other program installed?

I am also going to check out PANDORA, so I will let you know if I have any questions about that!
Thanks!!

George Freire said...

Hi Amanda!

I'm glad your dad recommended my blog to you. I hope you are enjoying it.
Now about your question:

1- You can download AVAST, run the program and then close it until you are ready to use it after your other security software runs out. Do not run both programs at the same time because one will interfere with the other.

There is another free security/anti-virus excellent program which is also free and perhaps even better, called "CLAMWIN". You can download this at www.clamwin.com/content/view/18/46/

Again you can also install it, run it and then close it until you need it.

Either one of the above is very good.

I hope by now you have run PANDORA and enjoy the good music, whatever genre you select.

If you like my blog, pass it along to your friends in your address book, by recommending it and giving them the blog address .

Thanks,

George